Monday, June 17, 2013

Take a Walk with Me...

I love walks. I love them even more at dusk. Everything seems to be heightened. The colors, the scents, even the sounds. Each step I take I'm seeing, hearing, or smelling something that feeds my soul. And now that I have an iPhone I'm able to capture some of these moments, though only for our eyes. I can't capture the smell of the water as I pass a sprinkler. The sound of a child giggling on the porch. The scent of the blossoms that cover the trees. The sound of something scurrying in the bush. The sound of the cardinal high in the tree. The scent of friends grilling in their back yard. These things along with the beauty I see with my eyes make up the whole experience of a walk through God's amazing creation.

The beauty of blooms...

Even the beauty of the weeds...

The sun trying to come through the trees as it sets...

An empty road...

A perfect climbing tree...

A dream...

Simplicity...

But more than anything else....the beauty of love forever true...

And yet I still don't feel like I've properly conveyed the whole experience to you. So next time, you'll just have to come with me. :-)







No comments: